Materials Characterization Facility (MCF)
12443 Research Parkway, Suite 304, Orlando, FL 32826
Orlando Tech Center, Suite 304
The Materials Characterization Facility (MCF) is dedicated to providing researchers and industrial partners a place to perform characterization and analysis to advance research; classroom education and hands-on training in the use of state-of-the-art characterization equipment; user-friendly support services with expert advice and data interpretation; and to enhance competitiveness of industrial partners and boost economic development of the Central Florida region.
MCF occupies about 7,000 sq. ft. of space and is supported by 3 full-time research engineers and a full-time facilities coordinator. Collaboration with other universities is encouraged.
- Gatan PECS (Coating System)
- Ion Milling for TEM
- Ultra Microtome (TEM/FTIR Sample Prep)
- Sputter Coater (EMITECH)
- Vacuum Evaporator (JEOL)
- Diamond Saw (Slow Speed)
- Diamond Band Saw
- Electro Jet Polisher (TEM Prep)
- Dimple Grinder (TEM)
- Allied Polisher (TEM)
How to Use the Facility
- All work performed at MCF requires a work order form
- UCF users will need to submit a completed work order form signed by their advisor.
- Other University or industry or government users will need to provide a Purchase Order made to UCF/AMPAC
- Completed work order forms and Purchase Orders may be submitted via email to email@example.com, or faxed to (407) 882-1502, or in person at the address below:
Orlando Tech Center
12443 Research Parkway, Suite 304
Orlando, FL 32826
To schedule equipment time, users may contact MCF at (407) 882-1500 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the equipment to be scheduled, date, time block needed and user name.
| Yongho Sohn, Ph.D.
Professor of Materials
AMPAC Associate Director for MCF
|Mr. Mikhail Klimov
|Mr. Kirk Scammon|
|Ms. Karen Glidewell
Please Acknowledge Us
Any publications or presentations resulting from data obtained or samples prepared by the AMF engineer/faculty should acknowledge the assistance of the engineer/faculty member and/or center as:
"Materials Characterization Facility
University of Central Florida"
Please provide a reprint of any publication in which the MCF and its faculty, research associate, or students are acknowledged.