The Materials Characterization Facility (MCF) is dedicated to providing researchers and industrial partners a place to perform characterization and analysis to advance research; classroom education and hands-on training in the use of state-of-the-art characterization equipment; user-friendly support services with expert advice and data interpretation; and to enhance the competitiveness of industrial partners and boost the economic development of the Central Florida region.
MCF occupies about 7,000 sq. ft. of space and is supported by 2 full-time research engineers and a full-time facilities coordinator. Collaboration with other universities is encouraged.
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Escalab 250 Xi (XPS)
- Physical Electronics 600 AES/SAM
- X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer XRF
- XRD #1 Basic Diffraction
- XRD #2 Environmental Diffraction
- XRD #3 Thin Film Diffraction
- Molecular Imaging PicoSPM (STM, AFM)
- Cameca IMS-3F SIMS Ion Microscope
- PHI Adept 1010 Dynamic SIMS System
- General IONIX 1.7 MV Tandetron RBS
- Gatan PECS (Coating System)
- Ion Milling for TEM
- Ultra Microtome (TEM/FTIR Sample Prep)
- Sputter Coater (EMITECH)
- Vacuum Evaporator (JEOL)
- Diamond Saw (Slow Speed)
- Diamond Band Saw
- Electro Jet Polisher (TEM Prep)
- Dimple Grinder (TEM)
- Allied Polisher (TEM)
- Equipment Information Brochure
- MCF Academic Fee Schedulehttps://ampac.ucf.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Academic-Fee-23-24.pdf
- MCF Corporate Fee Schedulehttps://ampac.ucf.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/MCF-Corp-23.24.pdf
- MCF other Universities and Educational Establishments Fee Schedulehttps://ampac.ucf.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/MCF-other-univ-fees-23.24.pdf
How to Use the Facility
- New UCF users will need to provide an account from their advisor emailed to Sandra Griggs email@example.com
- Once received, an MCF user account will be created. Once the account has been created the user can email Kirk Scammon(SEM) firstname.lastname@example.org or Mikhail Klimov(TEM) email@example.com for training availability.
- Other University, industry, or government users will need to provide a Purchase Order made to UCF/MCF. If you have any questions please contact Sandra Griggs.
4353 SCORPIUS ST STE 102
Orlando, FL 32816
- Visit our Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/ampacmcf
To schedule equipment time, users may contact MCF at (407) 882-1500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the equipment to be scheduled, date, time block needed and user name.
|Ms. Sandra Griggs
|Mr. Mikhail Klimov
Mr. Kirk Scammon
Please Acknowledge Us
Any publications or presentations resulting from data obtained or samples prepared by the AMF engineer/faculty should acknowledge the assistance of the engineer/faculty member and/or center as:
University of Central Florida
Please provide a reprint of any publication in which the MCF and its faculty, research associate, or students are acknowledged.