Dr. Sudipta Seal
Chair, Materials Science & Engineering
Ph.D., Pegasus Professor and Trustee Chair
- PhD. — University of California, Berkeley, CA
Products (* REU or UG, **Underrepresented)
1. Miriana Hijaz, Soumen Das, Ismail Mert, Ankur Gupta, Zaid Al-Wahab, Calvin Tebbe, Sajad Dar, Jasdeep Chhina, Shailendra Giri, Adnan Munkarah, Sudipta Seal and Ramandeep Rattan, R. Ratan, Folic acid tagged Nanoceria as a novel therapeutic agent in ovarian cancer, BMC Cancer, 16:220, 2016.
2. Erez Eitan, Emmette R. Hutchison, Nigel H. Greig, David Tweedie, Hasan Celik, Kenneth W. Fishbein, Richard G. Spencer, Soumen Das, Susheela Chigurapathi, Srinivasulu Chigurupati, Sudipta Seal and Mark P. Mattson, Combination Therapy with Lenalidomide and Nanoceria Ameliorates Symptoms and Pathology in CNS Autoimmunity, Experimental Neurology, 273,151-60, 2015.
3. Sayle, Thi; Sakthivel, Tamil; Das, Soumen; Seal, Sudipta; Zhang, Xueqiang; Ptasinska, Sylwia; Sayle, Dean, Activity Mapping of Defect Engineered Ceria Nanoparticles, Nanocubes and Mesoporous Architectures, Chemistry of Materials, 28 (20), 7287–7295, 2016.
4. J. Chen, S. Patil, S. Seal and J. McGinnis, “Rare earth nanoparticles prevent Retinal degeneration induced by intracellular peroxides”, NATURE Nanotechnology, 1(2), 142-150, 2006.
5. Turkowski, Volodymyr; Babu, Suresh; Le, Duy; Haldar, Manas; Wagh, Anil; Hu, Zhongjian; Karakoti, Ajay; Gesquiere, Andre; Law, Benedict; Mallik, Sanku; Rahman, Talat; Leuenberger, Michael; Kumar, Amit; Seal, Sudipta, Linker-induced anomalous emission of organic-molecule conjugated metal-oxide nanoparticles, ACS NANO, 6 (6), pp 4854–4863, 2012.
Other Significant Products
1. Humaira Taz, Tamilselvan Sakthivel, Nana Yamoah, Connor Carr, Dhananjay Kumar, Sudipta Seal, and Ramki Kalyanaraman, Transparent ferromagnetic and semiconducting behavior in Fe-Dy-Tb based amorphous oxide films, Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing), 6, 27869-2016.
2. J. Dowding, S. Das, A. Kumar, T. Dosani, R. McCormack**, A. Gupta; T. Sayle, D. Sayle, L. vonKalm, S. Seal, W. Self, Cellular Interaction and Toxicity Depends On Physiochemical Properties and Surface Modification of Redox Active Nanomaterials, ACS NANO, 7, 4855-4868, 2013.
3. J. D. Gaynor*, A. S. Karakoti, T. Inerbaev, S. Sanghavi, P. Nachimuthu, V. Shutthanandan, S. Seal and S. Thevuthasan, Enzyme-free Detection of Hydrogen Peroxide from Single layer(s) of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles Immobilized on Poly(4-vinylpyridine) SAMs, J of Materials Chemistry, 1(28), 3431-3514, 2013.
4. Vanessa MoosavifazelRET, A. Kumar, H. J. Cho, S. Seal, Laboratory research motivated chemistry classroom activity to promote interests among students towards science, J of Nanotechnology Education, 6, 25-29, 2014.
5. U. Bhatta, I. Ross, T. X. T. Sayle, D. C. Sayle, S. C. Parker, D. Reid, S. Seal, A. Kumar, G. Moebus, Cationic surface reconstructions on cerium oxide nanocrystals: An aberration corrected HRTEM study, ACS NANO, 6 (1), 421–430, 2012.